When considering pursuing EB-5, investors can choose from two different types of EB-5 investments: direct investments and regional center investments. These two investment options are relatively similar, but they do have a few key differences, which are primarily related to how job creation must be calculated. The major advantage of the regional center as compared with a direct EB-5 investment is that indirect employment calculation is allowable. In many cases especially where the regional center has had similar types of projects approved by USCIS, the sole remaining issues are tracing the funds from the investor to the regional center and proving the lawful source of the investor’s funds.
Another advantage of a regional center is experience. Since 2011, we have been the proud majority owner of the Florida Equity and Growth Fund Regional Center, LLC (FEGFRC), which provides opportunities for foreign investors to receive green cards in the United States through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program. Choosing a regional center with extensive experience in the EB-5 industry and a track record in the field of the project itself is of utmost importance when deciding to pursue EB-5 for obtaining lawful permanent residency here in the United States. The partners in FEGFRC have assisted hundreds of families in navigating through the EB-5 process.
History of the Regional Center
In 1992, Congress introduced the Immigrant Investor Pilot Program, also known as the Regional Center Program, which applies specifically to the EB-5 category of visas. This provided guidelines for USCIS to approve EB-5 regional centers to oversee EB-5 investments and monitor job creation with respect to EB-5 projects. Today, there are more than 1,000 regional centers and those numbers drive competition. As a result, the standard of projects has risen dramatically in recent years.
The Regional Center involved in any EB-5 transaction must be a USCIS-approved entity usually responsible for, among other things, raising EB-5 capital and counting direct, indirect, and induced job creation that occurs as a result of EB-5 projects. The vast majority (+/- 95%) of EB-5 projects currently utilize USCIS-designated Regional Centers, instead of the alternative (also known as “direct” EB-5 investments) because the indirect and induced job-calculation methodology is an effective and proven way to demonstrate job creation to USCIS that reduces uncertainty, increases transparency, and is more scalable.
The Value of Experience
EB-5 is a complex, specialized industry, and a balance of experience with the program and the type of project is ideal. It is important to find a good attorney, build a team you trust, and select a Regional Center with a track record of success.
Scores of families have trusted us with their immigration process. Here’s why:
Since 2011, Florida Equity & Growth Fund Regional Center partners have helped scores of foreign investors successfully navigate complex immigration challenges. As one of the more active EB-5 regional center operators in the southeast United States, we have the experience to safely manage the EB-5 investment and help investors obtain green cards.
- Investment Team: Our investment team includes MBAs, CFAs, transactional attorneys, and commercial real estate developers
- Extensive Experience: We have extensive experience in the real estate industry in terms of investing, developing and managing
- Commitment to Compliance: We constantly strive for total USCIS and SEC compliance in all facets of our EB-5 platform
- Financial Transparency: We provide financial transparency to all of our EB-5 investor families
- Top Law Firms: We maintain relationships with the leading EB-5 law firms to ensure compliance with current USCIS policy and guidelines. Our trusted lawyers include Saul Ewing, Arnstein & Lehr, Miller Mayer, and Baker Dunelson and others
- Located in Florida: We are approved for the entire state of Florida, the 3rd largest state in the US, a state with no state income tax
- Communication: We utilize state of the art communication tools so that we are available to our EB-5 investor families
- Investor Assistance: Certain projects utilize Independent Loan Administrators to protect & assist investors with general information and to keep their files in USCIS and SEC compliance
We understand that our investors are looking for security and return of their investment capital all while maximizing their green card application success. Through everything we do, from selecting and promoting our projects, to monitoring job creation and immigration needs, we have set up a structure to provide as much security and stability for our investors as possible. From our corporate office, we have set up our facility to promote our projects, our investments, and the regional center to its fullest capacity.
Our investors gain the benefits of having projects that are already under the early stages of development and therefore have existing job creation, which provides a strong foundation for immigration requirements. When investing with Florida Equity & Growth Fund Regional Center, investors receive high levels of accountability.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com