In just 5 more weeks, the current EB-5 investment amount is set to increase.
Next month on November 21, the EB-5 Modernization Regulation will cause the EB-5 investment amount to almost double from $500,000 to $900,000. Interested families should invest now to save $400,000 before the new rule takes effect.
The new $900,000 EB-5 investment amount will be required for projects located in targeted employment areas (“TEA”). TEA projects are either located in rural areas or in areas that have an unemployment rate that is 150% the national rate. Non-TEA projects will also increase next month from $1 million to $1.8 million. Non-TEA projects are often associated with the Direct Investment Program, where investors invest in and manage their own EB-5 projects apart from a regional center.
There is still time for interested families still to secure an investment at the lower EB-5 investment amount and save hundreds of thousands of dollars. If you have any questions, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Endless Job Possibilities: Having a Green Card opens up greater job possibilities. An EB-5 Green Card does not require employer sponsorship to work and holders can obtain employment in any U.S. territory provided it does not require U.S. citizenship. EB-5 investors also can start a business or form a corporation.
- Eligibility for U.S. Citizenship: EB-5 Green Card holders are eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship after being permanent residents for an established amount of time.
- Immigrate with your Family: Investors, spouses, and any unmarried children under 21 can all receive U.S. Green Cards with a single investment. It will still be valid even if you die or lose your job, and you can sponsor Green Cards for family members.
- Flexible Travel: Holding an EB-5 visa allows one to leave and enter the U.S. without fear of being denied reentry by immigration officials. There is also the freedom to live and work anywhere in the U.S. with no travel restrictions.
- Retirement Benefits: Working in the U.S. for a total of 40 quarters (which comes out to 10 years, 4 quarters each year), allows for eligibility by Green Card status for Social Security benefits upon retirement.
- Legal Rights and Protection: Green Card holders are entitled to most legal rights under U.S. law. They can own firearms, property, and cars like other U.S. citizens.
Minimal EB-5 Program Requirements:
- Invest $500,000 (current amount until November 21st, 2019) in a targeted employment area project (Investors must be able to prove that these funds came from lawful sources.)
- The capital investment must be made into a for-profit U.S. new commercial enterprise.
- The project must create 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers for two years.
There are no language skills, business, or special training experience required to invest in the EB-5 program. The only requirements are to make the required capital investment legally and create 10 American jobs.